Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Plein Air Doodles & Other Events

Heres a little group of plein air sketches I did recently while attending a paint out with the Montana Painter's Alliance. We had loads of fun and I got to see all my old painting buddies, plus got to know a few new ones as well. I also want to thank my friends Phil and Karen Korell, for not only hosting this years dinner for a crew of about 30+, but for also letting me bunk with them after the transmission went out in my car. Being stranded in Polson is not the worst thing that could happen to a person, I mean the Mission Mountains and Flathead Lake are about the most spectacular scenery in the state of Montana, if not the country - and I made it home eventually.
The bad news about all this is...

I went from driving this...


to driving this...

You might think this is kinda funny, but remember that "Series of Unfortunate Events" I was talking about in my earlier post? Well this is the most recent. Now I'm a big fan of carpooling and all, but the mice I have to share this truck with are gettin' on my nerves!
So.
Powers That Be?
I hope we're even now, cause I'm really starting to lose my sense of humor!