Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"A Windy Day"

10 x 8" oil - canvas panel

sold

Heres another one of Bill. I always find him in so many great poses. I just can't resist painting him again and again!

I did this painting yesterday so I could get to town today and stock up on a few things. Oil Painter's of America is holding its annual show and convention in Missoula, MT this year, so I'm heading in that direction this coming Thursday.
First though, I thought I better get myself to town and buy a new set of clothes (something without paint on it) plus a few small tubes of oils that will fit in my paint box easel, for the plein air day. While I was in town, I got to chat a bit with my artist friend, Steve Seltzer. He is such a fantastic painter and it was fun to see his studio and get some insight on his painting techniques.

Anyway, now I am all set for my big adventure. I'll try to post a few more paintings this week before I go.