Friday, January 30, 2009

More Rocks...























Heres another detail of the large painting I'm working on.  Its 48 x 36" and my largest painting to date.  (Well, except for that ugly mural I did back in the 70s.)
These boulders have been loads of fun to paint!  I'm always amazed at how us artists can become obsessed over a subject.  As I start to paint, visualizing the characteristic of each one, I become lost in all those rocks, almost to the point of becoming a rock...I suppose thats why so many artists are a little odd.
Anyway, I had to take out the bushes for now, in order to focus on "boulder" form.  I'll add them later, to break things up a bit.  I don't want these horses to look as if they've just landed on the moon!

2 comments:

  1. You're rockin' Deb! Good for you for challenging yourself in such a big way, too. I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. The composition, the way you've focused near the lower left corner, the contrasts, are very engaging.

    It looks as though you've successfully become 'rock' and this is a good thing! We artists are odd in an important way. Just think how peaceful the world would be if more of us could let go and allow the kind of meditation you describe...hmm

    ReplyDelete