Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Muse

"The Sentry" 12 x 9" oil/canvas
For purchase information click here

Last week I got news that I'll have a room at the Heritage Inn during C.M. Russell Week - March 17th - March 20th - here in Great Falls, MT. This coincides with the C.M. Russell Art Auction, in which I have two paintings featured this year. My room number is #166 and I'll be sharing with artist Dave Powell a member of Cowboy Artist's of America and son of famed artist Ace Powell. I couldn't feel more fortunate!! As a result, I've been pinned to the easel doing over-time. I'm working on two large canvases I'd hoped to finish by then, but since the death of my horse Buddy, my heart seems elsewhere. So to shake things up a bit I shifted gears and decided to bring out my muse. This guy has been pinned to my side ever since last Tuesday, with lots of doggie hugs and kisses. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I did this finished painting from an earlier sketch seen below.
This painting will be for sale in my room during the show.


3 comments:

  1. I love it Deb. A regal sentinel on the plains.

    This Reminds me of my best companion of 14 years, Bridger, an Australian Shepherd. He passed on three years ago but he is always with me--watching and waiting.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Deb!
    Really nice painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great painting!! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete