Thursday, February 25, 2010

A few things...

Today I am diving head first into work. This is how I cope sometimes. My easel has always been my sanctuary when life gets a little off balance.
So, remember that "boulder field" painting I was working on sometime last century? :O) Well I've finally seen past the issues I was having with it and got after those figures. This painting is another big one - 46 x 36" - with several figures, so is slow going. Here is a detail of the procession of women riding side saddle into the mountains. I'll post more on it later.
But I also wanted to show you an update of this Farm Girl I posted a few weeks back. The background seemed empty, so I added this flock of birds to it. I think it adds a nice compositional flow to the painting. I also toned down the outline of the mountains, which seemed a bit distracting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Note:
Thank you everyone, for your love and support during this recent tragedy. Hearing all your stories and well wishes has sure made this time much more bearable.
Another big plus for the blogging and networking community!