Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Harvest Wagon

Harvest Wagon 36 x 46" oil/linen

This is the finish of my latest historical harvest painting. Click the links below to see the other paintings in this series.


I wanted to show here the amazing frames Julie Tippets has been creating for these paintings. They are works of art in their own right. Thanks Julie!

Also as a huge bonus, for this painting I was able to work from life. Bruce Morgan, a talented artist from Columbia Falls, MT, creates amazingly accurate replicas of nineteenth century work wagons and generously offered to build me one for this project. His wagons look so real in fact, some look to have mud actually clinging to their axles. Below is one of the preliminary sketches I did ahead of time. Bruce is represented by Creighton Block Gallery in Big Sky, MT. Thanks Bruce!